Friday, November 8, 2013

Face Swapping...

I can't really recall how this started, but this morning I ended up swapping some people's faces around and posting the results on Twitter. Not heads - jawlines and hairlines must remain intact - it's just the faces. (I'd forgotten at the time that I did once swap the noses and mouths of Laurel and Hardy too. Odd.)

A lot of people though that Eric's head with Ernie's face on reminded them of Mike Reid here. I can see it, but I thought he looked more Eric Idle. In any case, there's something odd it all looking and feeling both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. 

Or, as Simon Littlefield put it:

Meanwhile, in this one, there's something of a young Benny Hill when Eric's face sits on Ernie's head here:

And then it started getting silly. You can click on any of them to enlarge...

17 comments:

Alan said...

The Forsyth one is terrifying!

Buggrititeltem said...

Is it just me, or does Brucie with Tess's face look quite a bit like Eddie Izzard?!

Unknown said...

Bruce's body & Tess' head looks like Eddie Izzard! lmao x

Unknown said...

ooops snap! lol x

mary said...

it's the eye make up !

Bob said...

I have long held a theory that Karen and Richard Carpenter shared a face.

robdickyayre said...

Benny Hill and Leonard Rossiter

ScottB said...

Mike Reid and Frank Carson. Awesome fun though. I can see what I will be doing tomorrow!

Kentishmaid said...

The Richard and Judy one looks like Clare Balding and Peter Stringfellow...

Anonymous said...

It probably started when you saw other people on the internet doing this

Unknown said...

my 'Private time' spent watching strictly cum dancing will be ruined tonight if i see that image in my head during the vinegar strokes...

Thank you Gorman for ruining my weekend!

Gio said...

You'll probably be pleased to know that the ones the Gorum did of you back in the day are (mostly) no longer available...

Rob Z Tobor said...

One day medical science will catch up and then we will really be in trouble. . . . .

But it least it puts substance to the telling folk they are two faced.

Rob Z Tobor said...

Ooooo I forgot to say I am a little worried about your record collection.

Dave Gorman said...

@Anonymous I'm under no illusion that I'm the first person to ever do this... but yesterday morning didn't start like that, no.

@Andrew Lee: Before I'd even got to the end of your comment, your spelling of Strictly Come Dancing had created some unpleasant images that I'd rather not be dealing with.

@Gio: I know there were pictures of my head on all manner of female bodies, but I don't remember me being swapped with anyone.

@Rob Z Tobor: I wouldn't worry. That M&W LP isn't in my collection. But then I don't know why you'd worry if it was. I love Morecambe and Wise.

Unknown said...

To be honest Dave Gorman the only reason I wrote that post was I imagined the look on your face when you got the mental image.... Couldn't resist, sorry if I put you off your tea :)

Anonymous said...

Bruce's face on Tess looks like Robbie Savage